How can a Citizen Help?
Participation & cooperation of the citizens is solicited broadly in the following aspects:-
Health & Sanitation :-
- Do not throw waste into open drains or streets.
- Deposit wastes only at specified places and dust bins.
- Use public toilets/urinals properly. Avoid nuisance in open spaces/road margins.
- Don’t dump materials which obstruct or block, a road or finder the movement of traffic.
Birth and death registration and issue of Certificate:-
- Register Birth immediately after birth.
- Name the child, preferably before registration.
- Informants for Registration should be responsible persons who could give correct personal information to avoid problems later.
- Register death immediately after occurrence.
- Informants should be responsible persons who could give correct personal information.
- Insist on giving details to the Hospital where delivery occurs for registration.
- For extracts of Birth and Death certificates give correct details and pay the required fees for copies.
Prevention of Food Adulteration :-
- Traders should avoid selling adulterated food articles or articles which are not safe for consumption, as a service to the people.
- Traders to obtain license or renew license without fail at the appropriate time by paying the prescribed fee.
- Citizens may report adulterated food stuff to Authorities as it may save a valuable.
Trade Licensing :-
- Avoid unauthorized running of trades or machineries without license. Adhere to the licence conditions scrupulously.
- Obtain license/renewal of license without omission and promptly.
- Remit the fee dues promptly.
- Do not encroach footpaths, streets by show causing materials outside the shop.
Property Tax :-
- Pay Tax promptly without leaving any arrears.
- Cooperation with enforcement staff.
- No unauthorized construction or addition/alteration without permission.
- Start construction only after getting an approved plan.
- Do not buy plots for construction in unapproved layouts.
- Follow the building Bye laws
- Report illegal constructions, dangerous constructions.
- Avoid encroachments on public property and ensure foot paths are clear.
- Cooperation for planned development of the city.
- Do not damage the roads for public functions.
- Do not dump debris and garbage in street margins.
- Avoid encroaching roads/streets.
- Avoid cutting roads without permission.
- Do not allow house hold waste water to flow on the streets.
- Do not throw garbage into drains.
- Do not connect sewer lines to public drains.
- Report water stagnations, missing manhole lids
- Apply for permission to put up lights, shamianas on a public road.
- Avoid stagnation of water.
- Avoid aerial encroachment.
- Avoid unauthorized drawing of water.
- Get the repairs attended after proper intimation.
- Pay water charges and other dues promptly and avoid disconnections.
- Keep the tap closed both in house and in public stand post to avoid pollution
- Report water leakage and water theft as public service.
- Do not tamper with water supply connection.
- Conserve rain water and construct Rain Water Harvesting structures in all buildings..